Parish Prayer Groups
St. Mark's Parish supports the following prayer groups:
- Eucharistic Adoration: The Blessed Sacrament is exposed on Tuesdays from 6 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. in the chapel. Come spend a little of your week with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Sign-up for a regular time or just drop in for a visit. Please call Dayana Pizani at 437-6051 for more information.
- Prayer Line: St. Mark's has both a day and evening telephone-tree prayer line. After an intention is received (call the parish office at 432-8711 to submit the intention), contact is made with the first person on the prayer line. The intention is stated and the two people (the caller and the person contacted) pray together over the phone. The contacted person then calls the next person on the prayer line and the process is repeated. Intentions are confidential; names may be used if the party submitting the intention so chooses.
- Men's Thursday Morning Prayer Group: The Thursday morning prayer group meets in the parish kitchen at 6 A.M. for approximately 45 to 60 minutes. We read the Liturgy of the Hours for that morning, and then quietly read the upcoming Sunday Gospel, ponder on the verses, write our personal thoughts on how that Scripture reading spoke to us, and if so moved, share our thoughts wiht the other group members. This is a male group, an offshoot of the Men of St Joseph. We typically have three to five attendees.
- Nocturnal Adoration: Parishioners involved in this ministry spend one hour in prayer before the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Adoration begins at 8:00 P.M. on the Friday before the first Saturday of each month, and concludes at midnight. For more information, or to volunteer, please call Dennis Pedley at 437-6051
- Rosary: Monday though Thursday Mornings. The Divine Mercy Chaplet and the Rosary are prayed in the chapel from 8:15 - 9:00 A.M. All are Welcome.
- Women of Mary: The Women of Mary is a community of Catholic women whose desire is to emulate Our Blessed Mother Mary and spread true devotion to her throughout the Church. This group meets at 7 A.M. on the First Saturday of the month for Adoration and the Rosary, followed by Mass at 8 A.M. They then share fellowship over a potluck breakfast while listening to a special guest speaker. They conclude at 9:30 A.M. All women with a desire to deepen their faith are invited to join. At the present time, Women of Mary meet at St. Patrick's Church, Pelham.